Students attending the Adelaide Secondary School of English are expected to adhere to the school uniform policy at all times. Students are expected to wear correct school uniform to and from school, at school and on all school excursions.
As from 2017, it is expected that all uniform items (except shoes and socks) must be purchased from the school to ensure consistency and equity amongst students.
School uniform sales are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 1:10pm - 1:40pm. There is no refund or exchange on uniform purchases. Please refer to the Uniform Guide for prices.
The School Uniform is:
- Navy blue or white polo shirt (with school logo)
- White cotton blouses/shirt (with school logo)
- Navy blue jacket (with school logo)
- Navy blue or grey school pants
- Navy blue or grey elastic or looped school shorts
- Navy blue school skirt or school dress
- Navy blue tights or leggings to be worn with school skirt or school dress
- Navy blue or white socks
- Black enclosed school shoes; sports shoes for Physical Education lessons
- Navy blue/white head scarf (hijab) or navy blue hat/cap
The following are unacceptable:
- Make-up including mascara and lipstick
- Coloured nail polish
- Jewellery in the lips, tongue, eyebrow and more than one set of earrings or studs.
- Bandanas/sweat bands
- Brightly coloured hair, radical hairstyling
- Exposed tattoos
- Students not in uniform must have an explanation note in their diary from a parent/caregiver.
- Students not in uniform are not permitted in the school yard during recess and lunch times and are expected to stay in a supervised area.
- Students who do not wear covered shoes will not be permitted to participate in Cooking, Horticulture, Woodwork and Science experiments.
Parents/Caregivers of students who are persistently out of school uniform will be requested to attend a meeting to discuss the matter.